Things To Know Before Taking Vitamin C How To Eat To Benefit
Eating is very popular nowadays. Because of the many benefits of vitamin C, such as helping to strengthen mmune system Make it easy to not catch a cold or get sick, nourish your skin, etc., but taking incorrectly may not get the full benefits. It also has a negative effect on health by UFABET.
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin. That the body cannot produce on its own. therefore must be obtained from eating green leafy vegetables and all kinds of sour fruits Or some people may choose to take vitamin C as a supplement in addition to meals. for overall health care.
What type of vitamin C should I choose?
Vitamin C in tablet form is produced in a variety of forms. So that people with different health conditions can choose the right for themselves. By observing from the label of products that will specify the ingredients such as
- the form of Ascorbic Acid
- in the form of ascorbic acid mix with bioflavonoids. (Bioflavonoids)
- in liposomal form (Liposomal
- Vitamin C in the form of Calcium Ascorbate
Each form of has its pros and cons. Some types are suitable for one group but may not be suitable for another. Taking should therefore choose the form that best suits your health conditions. In most cases, people will eat ascorbic acid type. Because of the absorption characteristics that are most similar to the found in food. making it easy for the body to absorb
The right amount of to eat
The recommended amount for the average adult is about 70–80 milligrams per day. But people who need to take vitamin C to treat certain health problems such as scurvy. Your doctor may recommend taking higher amounts. Which may take up to 1,000–2,000 milligrams per day But the body may not be able to absorb all vitamins and cannot be stored.
Excess vitamin C will be excreted in the urine. Consequently, taking rarely causes serious damage to the body. However, the total amount received from food and supplements should not exceed 2,000 milligrams per day because it may cause side effects such as nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and ulcers in the stomach and kidney stones
The right time to take vitamin C
Taking can taken at any time of the day. You don’t have to eat just breakfast, lunch, or dinner. and do not need to be taken with meals Because is a water. Just drinking water together when taking vitamin C can cause the to dissolve and be absorbed into the body.
Sometimes your doctor may recommend taking with or after meals. Because it may help reduce side effects such as stomach irritation. due to the high acidity of And it may be recommended to take vitamin C in the morning rather than before bedtime. To avoid side effects that may affect sleep performance .
Precautions when taking
Although taking has relatively few side effects. But there are some precautions in general. and people with certain underlying diseases Consult your doctor before taking.
- Taking too much can cause nausea, diarrhea, heartburn, stomach pain, and gastritis. and may increase the risk of developing kidney stones
- Taking might interact with: Statins and some chemotherapy drugs People who are taking statins or undergoing chemotherapy should talk to their doctor before taking.
- People with blood disorders should not take such as G6PD deficiency. iron overload (Hemochromatosis) sickle cell disease and Thalassemia
- People with diabetes should be careful when consuming. because it can cause high blood sugar levels
- Vitamin C is sensitive to heat, sunlight and moisture. Should be stored in a cool, dry place. Not exposed to heat and sunlight because it may cause to deteriorate